Removing OpenAccessMembership37Provider

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:57

Removing OpenAccessMembership37Provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Authentication Provider  as well as the Authentication Provider dropdown  on the login page and elsewhere? I am not using it.

Also, is there a way to move users from one membership provider to another.

Thanks,
John S.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Try

Administration->Settings->Advanced->Security->Membership Providers

Is the OpenAccess one "Enabled"?

Steve,
The attached picture shows what I see there. I deleted the one that named OpenAccessMembership37Provider.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
John S.

I just looked at my last post and thought I was not clear. I had already deleted it before I made a
forum post.

It is now gone. I restarted Sitefinity and it went away.

I am confused by alot of this type of behaviour. In this case I don't know why a restart was necessary.

How does one know if an action they make inside of the Sitefinity back-end requires something other than the action itself to make something 'stick'?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi John,

The advanced settings in Sitefinity are covering wide area of features some of which require more than one setting to be modified in order to work. Providers are such example and automatic restarts are not possible at that time. For other features we are restarting the application if it is required.

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed