multilingual module builder?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:04

multilingual module builder?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know when multilingual mode will be supported in module builder? Any ideas / suggestions for a workaround? I'm working on a site with 3 different languages and 50+ mb items with several txt and image fields...i realized i could create 3 separate modules but i'm sure there has to be an easier/better way than relinking the same images and entering the same information 3 times over for each item? Really only one short text (title) and long text (description) would be different in each item from language to language.

Thanks for any help

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Philippe,

This feature is planned for our upcoming releases in the second part of the year. We won't be able to deliver this functionality in the first half for sure. You can create 4 more fields to represent your other two languages in the same module, and create different templates to show the proper language.

We understand that this is not the best option and we will do our best to speed up the development of multilingual custom modules in the upcoming months.

Thank you for contacting us, and we look forward to answering any other questions you might have.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

Has this feature added in latest sitefinity release?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2015 00:00

@Sudhindra Hebbar

Yep, it's there.  You'll see the language boxes beside the content items in the backend list just as you do in the backend Pages section.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2015 00:00

No I dont see them in pages or content. I am using sitefinity 8.0.5710.0 version, Edition: Enterprise Edition and licence: Perpetual. I created 3 frontend languages using Administration » Settings > click "Global Settings" > click "Languages". But when i open my content type using content ---> <mycontentmodule> i don't see Translation column or Language side bar. Is there any additional configuration needed to enable multingual capabilty for my dynamic module content?

I also saw this problem in trial version. Multilingual not working. 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2015 00:00

Finally i resolved this. In sitefinity 8 we have to  do additional settings as below:

Go to Manage sites > Properties and select the languages you want to be used in the respective site.
Note that languages from here will not be automatically added in the existsing sites.

This thread is closed