Settings - Advance - Login -> ShowHelpLinkInLoginForm

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Can anyone tell me where the link to Help should take me when I check
Settings - Advance - Login -> ShowHelpLinkInLoginForm
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. It seems to be a bug, so it's been logged to our system.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Dear Jen

Thank's for the feedback. But can you tell how it should work if it would work.
Will this help section be provided by Telerik. If yes in how many languages.
Or is this something we can do. Make an Help Page at the place and folder where SF wants to go.
Or should this be a link to an SF documentation on the web only
Or should this function not exist at all
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Marcus,

This section should be provided by Sitefinity, just like the Forgot your password? link. The page where the link should lead will be chosen by the team that fixes the bug.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2012 00:00

Any idea when this bug will be fixed. And I think all the follwing settings are not working.
Setting --> Advanced --> Login

ShowForgotPasswordLinkInLoginForm
Gets or sets a value indicating whether to show forgot password link in login form.
ShowForgotPasswordLinkInLoginForm
ShowChangePasswordLinkInLoginForm
Gets or sets a value indicating whether to show change password link in the login form.
ShowChangePasswordLinkInLoginForm
ShowRegisterLinkInLoginForm
Gets or sets a value indicating whether to show register link in the login form.
ShowRegisterLinkInLoginForm
ShowHelpLinkInLoginForm
Gets or sets a value indicating whether to show help link in the login form.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Saif,

These options are currently available only with the Login form (Backward compatibility), which works with Forms Authentication (by Default 5.0 projects use Claims authentication, but you change it, following the instructions in our documentation). This is probably why you thought they don't work at all.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Can anyone tell me where the HELP link should take me on the login when turn it on  using forms auth and version 6.1 ?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2013 00:00

@telerik

Will open a support ticket since there is no answer here from anyone.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

My colleagues still investigating the issue and will update you in the support ticket.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

This thread is closed