Handle Form widget - Submit button

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:14

Handle Form widget - Submit button

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
Can i handle submit button of form widget in sitefinity 4.3.
I want to add Captcha field on the form.

Please reply.

Hi,

Please take a look at this blog post CAPTCHA for Sitefinity Forms
You can also override one of the following events

• protected virtual void OnFieldValidation(FormFieldValidationEventArgs args) - Raises the FieldValidation event
  • protected virtual void OnBeforeFormSave(CancelEventArgs args) -Raises before you save the form
  • protected virtual void OnBeforeFormAction(CancelEventArgs args)
  • protected virtual void OnFormSaved(EventArgs args = null)

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,
I tried the code. and add the dll in my project , register the control and drag it by creating new form.
I am getting following error
"could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Controls.Forms' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

Please help

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

You have not registered the control property - Namespace.Assembly or you are missing references to dependent libraries.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
Thanks for your help. The control is working fine.
But can i use RadCaptcha for forms?means is there any way, where i can create radpatcha as usercontrol and use that as a custom field in form and handle the forms button control?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Out of the box there is no RadCaptcha control that you can set directly. The easiest way is shown in the blog post I sent you. If you decide to override the events like OnFieldValidation you need to put the RadCaptcha in custom control that inherits from FormsControl.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed