Things needed to Setup the existing Sitefinity application

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:13

Things needed to Setup the existing Sitefinity application

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I have got source code of Sitefinity application. I need to set it up at localhost.
Can you please tell me do I need Licence file to set it up while I do "Import a Project" using Sitefinity Project Manager ?
Also please tell me steps to set up existing application on localhost?
What more things I need to do this?

Bhushan

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Can you please tell me do I need Licence file to set it up while I do "Import a Project" using Sitefinity Project Manager ? 

Yes a license file is needed for running every sitefinity project. The license file is specific for  each sitefnity version so you will need a license file that will work for the version of Sitefinity you are going to be working with.
To tell what version is your project:
You can see the version in Sitefnity project manager
Or open the bin folder of the project right click Tlerik.Sitefinity.dll and under details tab you will see the version.

Also please tell me steps to set up existing application on localhost?
Place all project files in a folder and fix the connection string to the database.
The connection string can be stored either in web.config or in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DataConfig.config
The connection string should point to the database of this same project restored in localhost to SQL Server.

If the database is using SQL Server Express place the .mdf and .log files in App_Data/Sitefnity
If you are using oracle or mysql database restore/attach the database to the respective database server.
Once a connection to the database is established the project will run locally.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for your valuable reply.
   I am just having one question. 
    I have one file at "<Project_folder_name>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic".
   Is this the required Licence file or any other file which I need to ask for?
  Please reply.

Bhushan

Hello Bhushan,

The license file is always called Sitefinity.lic, however there are different license files for each release (4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.3).
In the project manager you will be able to see the version of the project under the column Sitefinity version. You will need a license for that version.
A license file can be downloaded from your client account -> Manage Sitefinity keys and donwload a license for the version your project is using.
If you use a license file that is not for the currently used version it will throw error "wrong product version".

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yes. I understand . But please confirm the path of file which I mentioned above i.e. "<Project_folder_name>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic".
My version is 4.2. 
Do Sitefinity.lic is present at above location. Do I need to ask client for Lic file or this is the file which I need?

Bhushan

Hi,

yes this is the correct path where the .lic file should reside App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic .
If the license is the one used on the production server where the live project reside then this license should be registered for a specific domain (which the client purchased).
I thik it will be working on localhost with this valid license, however if you encounter a problem a blank license can be downloaded from the client account clicking Manage Sitefinity Keys. 

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed