Simple Sub Menu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:00

Simple Sub Menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2012 00:00

I can't find an easy solution to my sub menu problem.

I have the following Site map
- Home
- Page 1
- - Sub Page 1
- - Sub Page 2
- - - Sub Sub Page 1
- - - Sub Sub Page 2
- Page 2
- Page 3

When on Page 1 the sub menu should be like this:
- - Sub Page 1
- - Sub Page 2

When on Page 1 / Sub Page 2 the sub menu should be like this:
- - Sub Page 1
- - Sub Page 2
- - - Sub Sub Page 1
- - - Sub Sub Page 2

I'm trying to avoid javascript too.

Thanks
Regards,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Chris,

For your navigation model you will need two templates - one for first level pages and another one for second level pages. On the first level pages template you should put a vertical navigation, configured to display pages, under currently open page (FirstLevelPage.jpg). The second template should have a vertical navigation as well, set to show sibling pages of currently open page. Since the vertical navigation doesn't display multiple page levels, you will need to set a template to add this functionality to it. I've attached a template with RadTreeView. All you have to do is add it to the folder structure of your project and write the path to it in the Designer of your vertical navigation (SecondLevelPage.jpg) under Design Settings ->Custom template path.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/329439_5F00_RadTreeView.zip:320:240]

This thread is closed