Help Desperately Needed ---

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:55

Help Desperately Needed ---

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi All,

I was messing with adding a breadcrumb control and files to my sitefinity 4.3 version. I am now getting an error. I tried loading the bin folders under Admin / files and the site is throwing an error now. I desperately need to fix this but can't get into the site to do so. How can I delete the offending dll files that I added? The reason that I added them in that section is that for some reason my sitefinity website is not recognizing the fact that I added dll files under the bin reference folder. I find this very frustrating. All I am trying to accomplish is to get a simple widget installed that will allow breadcrumbs for version 4.3. Why did you take this option out? How can I fix my site?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Heather,

There is an excellent post, Sitefinity 4 How-To Tips, that outlines a fix for the issue you're having. I've linked directly to the part that you'll need.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for responding but it didn't help, I ended up having to delete the files that were added.
Why did Sitefinity take out the breadcrumbs for version 4.3? All I want is something similar to
"Home" >> Name of the page as a breadcrumb widget. How can I create one? I also need to find out if it as all possible to change the label "Pages" in the header Dashboard -- Pages -- Content
without breaking the site to the word "Home" -- Dashboard -- Home -- Content.
Is that even possible in sitefiity?
Thank you

Heather,

Did you modify the assembly binding to match your Sitefinity version? I've used the Breadcrumb Widget, among others, on 4.3.1885 and had no issue after placing what I'm posting below immediately before the "</configuration>" in my web.config.

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.3.1873.0" newVersion="4.3.1885.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2011.1.413.40" newVersion="2011.2.915.40"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>

Can you clarify the second part of your question?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi, I am trying to find some way to get the breadcrumbs to work the way we want to since sitefinity to them out after version 4.0. I managed to get a control that does the breadcrumbs, but It starts with "Pages" as it's home page. I want to be able to change the Sitefinity Dashboard from "Pages" to home. See attached screen shot. Is there any way to change the dashboard names in Sitefinity without breaking the site?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

To change Pages to Home in Sitefinity backend go to Administration->BackendPages and edit title and properties of the the page called Pages (Actions menu -> Title & Properties) change title and title for search engines to "Home". I have tested this and it didn`t caused any problems since the title was just a resource value for PageResources: Pages. The resource value can be also changed in Administration-> Interface labels and Messages. I suggest doing a test run on this on a blank project.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi! Thank you for responding,
I was able to get into these settings this morning, however, I'm not sure which ones to change to "Home" I tried the following settings attached, but I am getting the error attached as well.
When changing it in Name - Do both values change ?
When changing it in "Title for search engines" - Do both values change ?
Can you change the value in the URL as well?
Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Enter "Home" in Title and Title for search engines you are getting error because refering to HomeResources which don`t exist in the project. Both Title and Title for search engines must be changed. 
The Url is generated based on the Title field if in Title you enter "Home" the url will be Home.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

I too am working on the same thing and I followed all of the steps listed.  Everything seems to work, except I am still getting "Pages" listed in my breadcrumbs and not "Home".  Is there anywhere else I might need to change Pages to Home?

thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Chris,

If changing the backend page to be named Home instead of pages it will be changed in Sitefinity backend, however I am not sure about the breadcrumb widget. Can you give me a link to download the breadcrumb widget to test this scenario with it?

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed