Page Delete History

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:01

Page Delete History

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there a way to find out what pages have been deleted from the CMS? Apparently a page went missing and we are trying to find out which user deleted it.

Dear Scott

I would be glad to hear from telerik that there is a way but I don't think so.

If you have not voted for a recycle bin, you can do so here: 

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=6513

Markus

Hi Markus
Recycling Bin sounds great.

This is a CMS system, the data is already there - just hang on to it a little longer. Knowing who/when the page was deleted could be the difference in thousands of dollars.

Our current situation is -- we just handed over a site to a client so they could start with populating the site. 1 hour into it, they are claiming the 'system' deleted the page. So now there is an underlying entitlement for us to recreate the page again. If we had proof of how the page went missing (us, them, the system) if would help.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Sitefinity - Looking for some feedback on this?

Question Repeated: Is there a way to find out what pages have been deleted from the CMS? Apparently a page went missing and we are trying to find out which user deleted it.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

It just happened to me that I deleted some pages accidentaly. 

By accidentaly I don't meen I was dumb. I had  a client who had a page and then a redirect page under it redirecting to that page. I rearanged the pages in hiarchy and deleted one page which I assume that it had somehow still child pages (maybe some redirect urls) and all the other pages got deleted.

I was not able to reproduce it but am 100% sure that page got deleted that were not selected. Again I think it was some redicrect page and then rearangenged. 

Long writing short meaning. A recycle bin would still make sense to me and it has some votes on pits

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=6513

Markus

This thread is closed