System is restarting message - can it be changed?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:14

System is restarting message - can it be changed?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello.

Occasionally users viewing the website will get the "The system is restarting... Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically." message. Two things about this that I hope you can answer;

1. Can you clarify exactly under what conditions this message appears? I've assumed the self explanatory reason is that the system is restarting, but sometimes we see the message and we can't exactly pinpoint why the system is restarting at that point. We need to know how likely it is that front end users will see it, and how often.
2. Can we change the text/page that is shown? Ideally we'd like to put together a custom page (obviously the system is unable to display CMS pages so just a plain HTML page would be fine) so that the website retains the branding of the main site. The white page with no CSS looks pretty horrible when it just pops up.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

1. The message is thrown when the site is restarted by few reasons. A modification of web.config (when web.config is modified and saved .NET restarts the application so the changes can be applied)

Add new frontend language from Administration->Settings->Languages, when new language is added Sitefinity is automatically restarted because there are lots of changes occurring in all modules to incorporate the capability to add content in one more language version.

The application pool is recycled due to reguilar recycle or when the memory limit for the application pool is filled up the pool automatically recycles to free the memory.

2. The system is restarting message is not generated by Sitefinity it is comming from .NET framework. I don`t think it can be changed, I was searching for a way, but didn`t find any.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Ok, thanks for the info.

This thread is closed