List Rotator

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:40

List Rotator

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Everyone,

In Sitefinity 3.7 I'm currently using a list rotator control to have random quotes appear on pages throughout the site and an ad rotator to do the same with images.  I don't seem to see anything similar in version 4.4.  Am I missing something or is that functionality no longer available?

Jason

It's be a SUPER simple control to make

Two options:
1) Use the lists module, then with the API grab the items/
2) Use the new module builder to define your fields...then use the API to grab the items.  The plus side is you can define the fields you need...so like you could create a field for "Background Image"...or something.

Steve

Does seem like a good excuse to fire up the new module builder.  I'll give that a shot.

Thanks.

Also don't forget that once the module is created, it even gives you the EXACT code snippet to paste into your control to grab the items :)

Nice! When you said super simple you really meant it.

this is definitely a great fit for the module builder, and as steve pointed out it gives you everything you need in the code reference.

In fact I demonstrated something very similar in the last blog post: Retrieving Data From Dynamic Modules Using the Module Builder API which shows how to grab items from the module builder and bind them to a RadRotator control.

Looks like you may have already succeeded but just in case I hope the above link is helpful!

This thread is closed