Where is the full documentation for Stock Widgets?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:39

Where is the full documentation for Stock Widgets?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Where can I find the full documentation for each of the configuration options available for the stock widgets? For example, the login widget has 20+ non standard properties that you can set through the backend page editor, but only two are mentioned here: http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/user-guide/displaying-content-using-widgets/login-widgets-group/configuring-the-login-widget.aspx. Not all properties exposed through the editor are self-explanatory and the values may need to be a value from an enumeration which typically are a dropdown list instead of a textbox.

Is there an  all encompassing set of docs somewhere?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Jeff,

Unfortunately there isn't such a documentation article describing in full detail all widgets and all their properties. We are constantly improving the documentation and we even launched a new documentation portal at - http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/ - last week.

In your particular case - what would you like to ask about the Login widget? I will try to answer your questions appropriately.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi  Lubomir, it looks like the new doc portal is just a re-skinning of the existing one.  I have worked through the configurable properties on the login widget, but it would be nice to not need to have trial and error be the way I figure out how the properties affect the functionality.  

Is this something that will be improved in the future?  All in all, I think Sitefinity is great, but the gaps in the documentation can make it difficult when I need to "go deep" to make the widgets do what I need them to do.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

I agree with you that we have widgets and functionality which are not documented. Our goal with launching the new documentation portal was to make everything we have easy to find. We also made it easy for the internal team to publish new articles, so that we can react faster to your feedback.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find details information about the Login widget. We will document the properties, which are not mentioned (and also think about including a section with the rest of the widgets). Meanwhile if you have specific questions about the Login widget, I can answer them here. Thank you for the feedback.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed