Blog comment spam - thousands to delete :(

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:43

Blog comment spam - thousands to delete :(

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Morning,

One of the posts on our blog has had a couple of thousands spam comments added to it. I've had a look at SF's interface to see if there's a quick way to delete these, but it doesn't look like it. Before I go and delete these in the database I wanted to make sure I'm not going to orphan a bunch of records and make SF cry.

I also wanted to double-check the table I should be looking at.

Thanks a lot,

Ian 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

IanP,

I wouldn't recommend modifying the database directly. Sitefinity has a very rich API that can be used for something like this. The Working With Comments section of the 4.3 documentation has some nice example code.

Hope that helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2015 00:00

Sorry for reposting on such an old thread, but Ian is right - I want to know which table to truncate. I shouldn't have to build a page to do what will take me seconds to do in the database. 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi David,

Please note that we do not recommend to make manual changes to the database since this may harm your project. 

The supported way to delete comments is through the Sitefinity backend under Content -> Comments or delete the comments using the API. You may refer to the following samples from our documentations for more details:

Delete comments
Delete comments (6.1 and below)

This way the comments will be deleted properly from the database and there will be no orphan records remaining.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed