Permissions and Roles

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:06

Permissions and Roles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

I've created a role and gave it use in-line editing permissions.  On the page I've assinged the role Edit content of this page and its child pages.  The user with this role can edit the content on the page, however when on the front-end they do not see the gear icon, and cannot edit the content from the front-end.  Administrators do see the icon and can edit from the front-end.  What else do I need to assign the role to allow non-admin users the ability to edit from the front-end?
Thanks!

Ron

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Ron,

It seems that your user has all needed permissions to view the in-line editing gear. I've tested setting in-line permissions to a user that doesn't have any additional ones set and he was able to see the editing tool in the fron-end. Thus you don't need to be in the role of administrator to be able to you the browse and edit functionality. Try restarting your application (resaving the web.config) and cleaning the cache of your browser and see if that fixes the problem.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed