Is Sitefinity helpful for mobile web content publishers?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:47

Is Sitefinity helpful for mobile web content publishers?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2012 00:00

Does Sitefinity have any features for managing content on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Because Sitefinity Page Template can be based on ASP.NET MasterPages, mobile-friendly templates are certainly possible.  You control most of the HTML markup that is applied to your website, thus if your Page & Widget Template are mobile-friendly, then your website is mobile-friendly.  In fact, the Education Starter Kit (included in the Sitefinity SDK) uses HTML5 features to create a responsive website:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-09-22/bringing_responsive_web_design_to_sitefinity_cms.aspx 

All of this is possible today.  However, I've also seen some internal prototypes that bring these responsive features directly into Sitefinity's toolbox.  However, I don't think we've publicly announced a release schedule.  It seems likely to me that these will appear inside Sitefinity in the next few months.

Either way, there is no reason that you can't create a mobile friendly website with Sitefinity today.  However, in the months ahead you can expect this to get even easier.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi all,

I just wanted  to provide you with a quick follow up on this topic. Sitefinity 5.x offers an out of the box mobile solution for you - we have first introduced it with our Sitefinity 5.0 release.
You can find more information availabe on our Responsive Design, Mobile Apps or Mobile Websites: You Pick the Strategy, We Deliver the Platform page form the Sitefinity website.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed