"Forms" content module missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:24

"Forms" content module missing?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2012 00:00

I have Sitefinity 4.3 installed and running. I would like to use the Forms functionality described here: www.sitefinity.com/.../forms.aspx

However, when I enter the Sitefinity back end, the menu option for Forms, under Content, is not present. Other options are, and they work just fine.

In my ContentViewConfig I have:

<config:link definitionName="FormsBackend" path="formsConfig/contentViewControls/FormsBackend" module="Forms" />
<config:link definitionName="FormsFrontend" path="formsConfig/contentViewControls/FormsFrontend" module="Forms" />

In my SystemConfig, I have:
<add version="4.3.1885.0" name="Forms" />

So I don't understand why it is missing? Furthermore, when I browse to "/Sitefinity/Content/Forms", I do not get a 404 error, I get the following:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentViewControlDefinition.GetDefaultMasterView() +138
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName() +990
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +129
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +181
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +59
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4200

So something is definitely there, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I could find out what it wrong?

Adam,

Which edition are you using?

-Tim

Tim,

It appears to be Standard Edition according to "Sitefinity/Administration/VersionAndLicensing"

Adam

Adam,

There is a block of information on that page labeled Extensions, is the forms module listed there? If so, try restarting the application. That may clear things up.

-Tim

Hmmm...

The area next to "Extensions" is blank. How do I add them?

Thinking more about this, if I go to "Administration/Settings/Advanced" and choose "System -> ApplicationModules -> Forms", Forms is, well, present.

I can also see Sitefinity/Service/Forms/FormsService.svc in my Sitefinity project.

I mean, it looks like Forms is there, it just doesn't seem to work.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Tim,

Do you have any other thoughts? I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to implement a custom solution, but I hate to do that when there should be a built-in answer.

Adam,

When you view the Source of the a web page of your website, what does this tag say:
<meta name="Generator" content="Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0 PE" />

Andrei

Andrei,

Mine looks just like this:

<meta name="Generator" content="Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0 SE" />

Does this mean anything to you? Thanks for helping me with this.

Am I just missing something here? Does Standard Edition just not contain the Forms functionality? Where can I find out?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

Adam,
SE = Standard Edition. That means that you should have the Forms Module, and if you do not, then there is a fult, and you should open a ticket with Telerik. Before opening a ticket though, I would re-do the following.
1 - Re-download the latest license file from your account,
2 - Replace it with the other one,
3 - Go to, Administration -> Versioning.... and click Refresh... to reaply the license file.
4 - Completely clean teh browser history,
5 - Restart the IIS server,
6 - Make sure that by some mistake you have not hidden it or disabled it by way of permissions (Administration -> Backend Pages -> ...)

If none of this works, then go ahead and open the ticket because you should have the Forms Module. The Forms Module is not available in the SBE only.
Andrei

You can also look into this further by checking the following:

1. Go to Administration -> Backend Pages
2. Navigate to Sitefinity -> Content -> Types of Content -> Forms
3. There should be two pages, Forms, and FormsResponses, and you can click into them and see if the control inside loads.

If you see the pages and are still getting the error you can try reinstalling the module.
1. Delete the two pages and the group page from the backend, Forms, Forms, and FormsResponses.
2. Navigate to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> System -> ApplicationModules
3. Delete the Forms module and then re-save your web.config. This should clear out your Forms Module.
4. Add the Forms Module back under ApplicationModules with the following settings
Name:
Forms

ItemTitle:
FormsTitle

ModuleSettingsDescription:
FormsDescription

Global resource class ID:
FormsResources

ModuleId:
a64410f7-2f1e-4068-81d0-e28d864de323

Type:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.FormsModule

Startup Type:
OnApplicationStart

Version:
5. Re-save your web.config again, and the Forms module should be reinstalled.

Resolved!

Andrei, your last post got it. It looks like our license was only half-installed or something similar. I re-downloaded the license, and Forms appeared, along with a few other extensions.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this!

This thread is closed