Embed non-sf html form into page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:03

Embed non-sf html form into page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Everyone,
I need to embed some html (mainly a form with an action to another domain, be it salesforce.com, hubspot.com...).
I tried the Content Block widget but it strips vital parts of the html.
I tried an iframe (to a physical page), and while it works for the action, the page design/layout gets screwed up for some reason (in my case the radNavigation stops working).

Someone that has done this with a satisfactory approach/result and how?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Do you mind posting in the code here that you're trying to put into the content block (feel free to change any important unique identifiers :)

I have attached a screenshot, the simplest form, the form tag disappears...

you can see the html as inspected by chrome in a box below the contentBlock editor window

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2012 00:00

I've ran into this quite a bit lately. I end up creating ASCX controls to hold the code since you can't have nested FORM tags on an asp.net page, and use javascript to submit the form correctly. If anyone else has a better idea, I'd love to hear it as creating a control every time is a bit annoying.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2014 00:00

This continues to be a problem, and the documentation isn't getting me to a better solution. Surely we can't be the only developers in the world who need to have a search form, for example, and a customer information form co-existing on the same page. This ought to have been a consideration since 4.0. Sadly, it doesn't appear to have improved in 7.0. If I have to customize or build everything from scratch, why do I need a CMS at all?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

@Doug

If I have to customize or build everything from scratch, why do I need a CMS at all?
UNQUOTE

Well me for starters I am happy to have a ton of functions comming from Sitefinity out of the box.
- Users
- Workflow
- Pages
- Galleries
- Forums
- Blogs
- Forms

and a whole heap of other stuff.

I am would have never ever come up with the idea to put a <form> tag into a content block. So creating an .ascx would be the logical way to go.

This said. Not every thing can come out of the box but since 4.0 Sitefinity has improves sooooo much and many different sides. 

Yes some stuff has to be custom made which of course can be a hassle and some work but since SF is easy to expand its also a nice feature since it is not closed down.

Markus

@Markus

Actually webforms contains a wrapper form tag which is often problematic (nesting).  Pure MVC mode however does not have a wrapper <form> element, so that's the way to go...however like he says....no widgets...at all (until feather hits)

Markus,

I agree that I'd rather not build those functions from scratch. I think my point is more that there are a variety of competing platforms that don't require the same amount of overhead to accomplish simple things. Part of that is undoubtedly because of convoluted nature of Webforms, but I don't think it's a good idea to just leave it at that. There are several features in 6 and 7, (such as the HTML 5 video) that I'd gladly forego for a more robust set of basic features.  

And I'm with Steve, I think a handful of MVC starter templates would be nice. 

Doug

@Doug It's coming shortly

projectfeather.sitefinity.com/

Every webforms widget WILL get an MVC copy...just...soon :/  

But yeah I've just avoided MVC because of this...seemed kinda like "hey look what we can do"...then ignored (aside from bug fixes)

I needed the form submit for google SAML a couple weeks back so I made a pure MVC template to do that...oops another MVC bug, the querystring is included in the route so the SAML response killed the routing engine (too long)....back to webforms for me

Looks interesting, although it looks like I'll be waiting until September, and I'll have to upgrade again. Our last experience was a bit painful, so I'm a little gun-shy. Oh well. I guess I know what I'll be doing, at least. 

This thread is closed