Can't move page with drag 'n drop

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:33

Can't move page with drag 'n drop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I've problems when dragging an existing page to another node. It says that the URL is already existing, but it is not. At least not in the interface. Probably somewhere in the database. How can I solve this issue?

Regards,

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

That's a strange issue, can you please try runnig the below code in debug mode, maybe on an ASP.NET webform in your project, and let us know of the returned results?

var myPages =  App.WorkWith().Pages().Where(p => p.UrlName == "myPageUrlName").Get();
It should return all pages matching that particular UrlName. Looking forwards to your response.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I executed the code and the result returns 1 page.
So, I suppose you expected a result > 1, right?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Yes, you're right I was expecting a result greater than one. However, there's a case we've been missing  - is this an upgraded project by any chance? We used to have an issue with multiple URLs for a page not being deleted from the url data table in the database in pre-4.4 versions of Sitefinity, which might result eventually in similar behavior. The problem has been fixed for 4.4 but if there were/are additional URLs this might cause the mentioned problems. Can you please check the sf_url_data for entries matching the one you're trying to insert?

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Boyan,

Well there is just one record in the sf_url_data table for this page:

~/faq   1   NULL    2011-10-13 15:21:27.933 0   CFC8D1D2-E3E4-456C-9568-F7C87F4842DB    0   9   EndExclusion/   1   811102197   NULL    A25DCA14-E8B2-4141-9C6A-84FC31BB035B

So, the page exists already, just want to drag it to another node.
It is an upgraded project (4.2, 4.3, 4.4)

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

That's really strange, the internal check we're performing is checking in that particular table. Up to my knowledge you're the first one to complain about such behavior in 4.4, I guess if recreating the page is not an option maybe we should arrange you sending the project over so we can debug the possible causes of this issue. Looking forwards to your reply.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi,

Just a quick follow-up, can you try duplicating the page, deleting the old one and then renaming the new(duplicate) page so it will have the old UrlName and then try moving it in the Hierarchy.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi Boyan,
Well that actually worked. I was able to move the page to another Group page, so that seems to be working now.

Thanks,
Daniel

This thread is closed