Test SMTP (Email Settings)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:26

Test SMTP (Email Settings)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

What is the best way to test my SMTP (Email Settings)?  It would be nice if there was a "Send Test Email" button for the SMTP (Email Settings) like there is for the Email Campaigns SMTP Settings.

Thanks,
Al

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,
There is one in Administration, it's for Email Campaigns but it send an empty one to a choosen mail adress.

Regards,
Nicolas

Hello guys,

As @Nicolas properly pointed out, you can test your SMTP settings navigating to Administration -> Settings -> Email Campaigns and enter a test email address.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I know there is a feature to test the SMTP Settings for Email Campaigns.  My understanding is that the SMTP Settings for Email Campaigns is only used for Email Campaigns.  By the way, the test works great.

My question is regarding a test for the SMTP (Email Settings).  This is found at Administration -> Advanced -> System -> SMTP (Email Settings).  I have the same setting here that I do for the Email Campaigns.  However, there is not a test button like there is for the Email Campaigns.

My understanding is that Sitefinity uses the SMTP (Email Settings) for any email generated except for the Email Campaigns.  I'm trying to send an Activation email as part of the Registration widget, but the email is not sending.  I wanted to confirm the SMTP settings worked.

If there is another way to debug why my Activation email is not working that would be also be helpful.

Thanks,

Al

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Al,

As you properly pointed out, the test message verifies that you configured your Email campaign SMTP settings properly. There's no such test message option in the Advanced  settings. However, the same configurations you've set to the Email campaigns settings, should work when you set them through the Advanced settings. I've tested the Registration widget and was able to send a confirmation email without any problems. Take a look at this article from our documentation and make sure that you're not missing a setting.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Jen,

I am on Sitefinity 9.2

Is there such a test for email settings in 9.2? I can't find any.

Regards, Mikael

This thread is closed