Help with dynamically filtering data based on user interacti

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:18

Help with dynamically filtering data based on user interaction

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi, I need some help.  First, I need help displaying a table of departments on a page.  For example: I have a number of product brands that have been designated as departments.  I would like to display them in a 3 columns by 9 row table.  Second, when a user clicks on a brand they need to be shown  on different page all of the products of that brand.  Third, on that same page, on the left column should be a treeview listing of all the brands with their respective sub-categories so that when a user clicks on one of them, the page is filtered to display only items in that subcategory from that brand.

Any help, great or small would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Tyler,

What I can suggest is building a custom module to hold all of the data you need. Then on the frontend, you will be able to use the Content widget for that module and with its Master/Detail view you will be able to have two views that you need - one for the list of all items and one for the detailed item that will be the brand with all of its products inside.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed