Sitefinity Site with Groups Example?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:13

Sitefinity Site with Groups Example?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2012 00:00

I am looking for examples of Sitefinity sites with groups established. Is it possible with this platform? Where is an example (or three)? Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

Excuse me I was unable to understand what group platform you are refering to. Can you provide additional information?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

There are other CMS's that have community type features such as groups. The group can be private or public and have applications within the group such as forums, blogs, calendars, media storage, etc. I was wondering it a Sitfinity CMS platform has any of these capabilities and if yes, I would like to see an example.

Thanks!

Hi,

There is no such functionality available. In Sitefinity there is something similar available trough permissions and roles. A role can be created with a set of permissions to view certain pages, view some widgets and so on.
Then new users can be registered with this new role and access certain areas of the site or view features, widgets, pages that are not accessible or visible to other user roles.
Here is the related documentation:
Permissions
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/users-roles-and-permissions/managing-permissions
Roles
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/users-roles-and-permissions/managing-roles/managing-permissions-of-roles

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

@Highrad, I am looking for the exact same thing as you. Were you able to find any more info on this - it looks from the reply from Telerik that Sitefinity is not too well suited for the purpose you are describing.

Are you aware of any other suitable platforms?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

@Highrad, I am looking for the exact same thing as you. Were you able to find any more info on this - it looks from the reply from Telerik that Sitefinity is not too well suited for the purpose you are describing.

Are you aware of any other suitable platforms?

Thanks.

This thread is closed