RadSocialShare and UrlShortening

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:23

RadSocialShare and UrlShortening

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I was wondering how to implement some Url Shortening on the TwitterButton within the RadSocialShare-control. I would like to pre-define the Title and Url someone might want to share from our website, but I can't find any documentation on this matter...

Thanks already for reading. Hope someone can help me out!

Regards,

Menno

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Menno-Paul,

Could you please give us some more details what you try to achieve? Under Administration -> Settings -> Twitter you can register a bit.ly shortening account. Is this what you need or do you mean the new Twitter feed widget that you can drop on a page?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

Thanks for replying to this thread.

I've already tried  setting up my Bit.ly account at Administration -> Settings - > Twitter, but somehow it doesn't work as expected. When I visit this page it says "The resource cannot be found." Then I click OK and the attached image shows what options are (or aren't) there...
So, as you will see, I don't (or it seems I don't) have the option to add my Bit.ly account settings.

I tried adding my Bit.ly account by going to Administration -> Advanced -> System -> UrlShortenerConfigDescriptions, but that didn't help either.

Hope you can help me out here. Thanks again for you reply.

Regards,

Menno-Paul

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Menno-Paul,

Do you mean that when you visit this page - ~/Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Basic/Twitter/ - you get a 404 error? I suppose you have checked the following documentation articles - 

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/basic-settings/managing-twitter-applications 

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/widgets/social-widgets-group/configuring-the-twitter-feed-widget 

Could you please explain what does this exactly mean - 'what options are (or aren't) there" ?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

thanks again for replying.

the attached image shows the message that is shown when I visit ~/Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Basic/Twitter/.

'what options are (or aren't) there' - I thought there might be some options missing in this view (see the image I've attached earlier in this thread), because of the aforementioned error.

Haven't checked out the articles you've mentioned, since I was looking for a way to get UrlShortening to work on a basic Twitter-button.

Regards,

Menno-Paul

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Menno-Paul,

There should be a problem with the twitter configuration in the project, if you can open a support ticket and send me a backup of the database and the project files so I can review the project at my end (you can use FTP to upload the files and provide me with credentials or we can arrange another way of sending the project in the ticket)? 
What happens when you click the ok button of the error message? 

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

in fact there happens nothing. If you look at the image I attached recently, only the error message disappears.

Regarding to database backup and projectfiles: we'll manage something.

Greetz,

Menno

This thread is closed