AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:11

AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

I ran into this error

The requested sercie, 'www.mydomain.com/.../AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx' could not be activated. See the server's diagnositc trace logs for more information.

This happened when I wanted to upload images or when someone wanted to save a page.

The reason was that I updated the server: Windows Update. I downloaded and installed the the updates but deceided to restart the server at night. After I restarted the server everything worked fine again.

I am just posting this because sometimes error message might be missleading and someone is as stupid as me think to install now and reboot later might be a good idea :-)

This was what the event log said:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49154">3</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>5</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-15T13:23:01.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>33784046</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>mserver1.arvixevps.com</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-287164099-311377985-2597536551-1044" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/58366981</Data>
  <Data>System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/DefaultWorkflows/AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040). ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.Compiler, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](LocationReferenceEnvironment environment) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](CodeActivityMetadata metadata) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](String expressionText, CodeActivityMetadata metadata) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue`1.CacheMetadata(CodeActivityMetadata metadata) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.OnInternalCacheMetadataExceptResult(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity`1.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList`1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack`1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList`1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.WorkflowInspectionServices.CacheMetadata(Activity rootActivity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowService.WalkActivityTree() at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowService.GetContractDescriptions() at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.CreateDescription(IDictionary`2& implementedContracts) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeDescription(UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.InitializeDescription(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost.InitializeFromConstructor(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, Uri[] baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.WorkflowServiceHost..ctor(WorkflowService serviceDefinition, Uri[] baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory.CreateWorkflowServiceHost(WorkflowService service, Uri[] baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)</Data>
  <Data>w3wp</Data>
  <Data>8388</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

I don't know if the security updates on .Net Framework 4.0 might have caused this.

Anyhow. I hope you can forgive me if nobody ever needs this post. And are happy if you run into the same problem.

Have nice day.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

It sems the handler mappings for *.svc and *.xamlx files were reset during the update of the server.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Dear Stanislav
Thank's for the feedback.
Markus

This thread is closed