filtering and sorting displayed lists

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:36

filtering and sorting displayed lists

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi

One of our customers wants to be able to
• Filter and sort items in the list using the various column headings (eg. Date last modified, Author, etc)
• View the list using various pre-defined views that I will create (eg.Most popular items, Items grouped by category) Views are a Microsoft Dynamics CRM term and contain both the fields to display and any filtering
I take it this will require the development of a custom control and was looking at using at basing it on

Link to a radcontrol for both sorting and filtering
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/filtering/defaultcs.aspx

What do people think is the best way of doing this

Paul Hughes

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello Paul,

Could you please explain in more details what are you trying to achieve? Where is the list that you mention situated?

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Lubomir

This was a request that came from a client.
 I beleive that they want to display a table of items. Lets say books for this example. They then want the user to be able to sort the table on any of the table columns and also find any books that match a wild card on any column. That is the basic requirements.
They then also want to be able to duplicate the views functionality within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Views basically store what columns to display in the table, any selection or filtering criteria and the ordering of records. The user then has a drop down selection of views they can select to see different views of the data in the table.
A view may be "computer text books"
That has columns title,topic,publisher,published and price
the selection criteria of type = "text book" and area = "computer"
Another view may be "kindle gardening books"
That has columns title,description,sze and price
the selection criteria of format = digital and area = "gardening"

When a user selects a view the tables data eflects what is in the view.

I hope this helps explain the client requirements

Paul Hughes

This thread is closed