order list master view widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:11

order list master view widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Is there a way to create a sort order on the list widget? I am creating a timeline of events on the Clay Tornado site (in staging currently) and I can set the order in the backend, but cannot find how to set the order on the front end.

I would like to have the order set to date created to sho the timeline. Also, I ould love to set a detail view on the same page to the first list item without having to set the url manually.

please see http://staging-clayrecovers.southernharmony.net/recovery/response-timeline for an example of what I am talking about

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi John,

By default you are able to create a custom sorting for a widget by editing the SortingExpression setting in the Control Defition -> Views section of the control. However there is no such setting, which we will investigate. In the meantime I can suggest you to create a new control in which you can inherit the functionality of the original control and apply some custom sorting of yours.

Here is a quick code snippet which sorts pages instead of lists, which you can use as reference:

App.WorkWith()
                  .Pages().ThatArePublished()
                  .LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend)

.Get()
                  .ToList()
                  .OrderByDescending(pN => pN.LastModified)
                  .ToList();

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

okay,, I can inherit the ListItem control but what event do I need to override?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi John,

You can override the InitializeControls event and add your custom logic there. I want to suggest to check the following blog post by my colleague who has provided an example of how to extend the built in functionality of our controls:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how_to_add_additional_logic_into_sitefinity_built_in_widgets.aspx

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

I am trying to setup a sort order on Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.UI.ListView

I do not see InitializeControls as an option to override.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

I am trying to setup a sort order on Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.UI.ListView

I do not see InitializeControls as an option to override.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Stacey,

You can inherit ListItemsMasterView and override the InitializeControls method as shown in the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Can you give me a little more help.  Below is where I am at on the code.  

1.) I am not even sure if what I have in the InitializeControls will even work.  Do I need to push it to ToList() like your pages example?
2.) The immediate issue is I am trying to figure out how to setup a parameterless constructor.  I know I cannot have just base(null) as it has three parameters, but I cannot find the right way to do this..

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Custom
    public class CustomListItemsMasterView : Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Lists.Web.UI.ListItemsMasterView

protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer container, IContentViewDefinition definition)

base.InitializeControls(container, definition);

this.ListsControl.DataSource = this.GetLists().OrderByDescending(li => li.Title);

public CustomListItemsMasterView(ListViewMode mode, IEnumerable<Guid> listIdsToShow, Guid templateId) : base(mode, listIdsToShow, templateId)

I tried to add something like this in addition to the other constructor, but as I stated, I know it is not correct.
public CustomListItemsMasterView()
            : base(null)

This thread is closed