RAM usage 5.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:25

RAM usage 5.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Good day to Telerik

Now that 5.0 will have forums in it will this increase the footprint (ram usage) or can we still expect some improvements in this area with 5.0?

Markus

Where do you find the Version 5.0

I can´t see any of 5 in my account. 

Dear TMatt
Now that 5.0 WILL have ... I was talking about the very near future :-)
5.0 should hit the market within 3 weeks.
Did not want to get you exited already :-)
Markus

Ok i understand.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

@Telerik

We know you do some extensive testing with every internal build and footprint reduction was on your list to do a long time. I hope to get an answer soon because if the footprint is increased I might have to move some site from one of my server to another because I often am at 80% RAM usage and really don't want to go any higher.

So your answer on your take on footprint 5.0 vs. 4.4 would be highly appreciated.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Apologies for the a bit late reply.
Honestly we do not expect any changes in the memory footprint in 5.0, in comparison with 4.4.

We will have very definitive focus on the performance and the memory footprint for the next major release. We are about to publish the Release notes for 5.1 soon, it will answer questions as to in which areas we will concentrate, and how we will overcome problems with the memory usage. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Dear Georgi
Thank's for the feedback. Looking forward to 5.1 roadmap and hope not only to see big changes but also some minor improvments and bugfixes :-)

RAM usage for my small business sites are usually 120-150 mb with 2-3 users on the frontend. When someone works in the backend it usually goes up to 200-250 MB. I have not seen 500 with any of my sites (again very small business sites)

But if you have more then one site on the server a 10 % decrease or increates can make a difference.

And once again speed for me in the backend is not a big issue. Using IE9 or chrome makes me feel the backend is responding quite well and fast.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2012 00:00

Looking forward to it too.

This thread is closed