Trying to set up regional content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:58

Trying to set up regional content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,
I'm still new to Sitefinity and could use some suggestions and help for what I'm trying to do:

Let's assume I have three products A,B and C. A and B are available in the US, B and C in Europe, and A and C in South America. Blogs, news and other content will be related to these products. How can I make sure that only the content for the correct products show in the correct region? This will be on a public site where the user can select their location.

It looks like taxonomy might offer a solution but I'm not sure how to set it up exactly, so any help will be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can create different categories for the different locations you have and assign them to the content items for the relevant locations. Then you can place a categories widget on the page where your content widgets are, and if you have a category, assigned to at least one of the content items on the page, then the relevant category will appear on the Categories widget. When you click on it, it will filter all content on the page and display only those content items that are assigned to that category. 
More information on configuring the Categories widget can be found here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/widgets/classifications-widgets-group/configuring-the-categories-widget 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed