Custom Control Not Posting Back

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

I have a user control:

<div id="bug-wrapper">
    <h1>
        Report an Issue</h1>
    <div id="bug-note">
        Note: The information you provide will automatically be emailed to the appropriate
        person.
    </div>
    <div id="bug-form">
        <asp:Label ID="courseLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="Course:" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlCourse" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlCourse_SelectedIndexChanged"
            AutoPostBack="True" />
        <br />
        <asp:Label ID="lessonLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="Lesson:" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlLesson" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Enabled="False" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlLesson_SelectedIndexChanged"
            AutoPostBack="True" />
        <br />
        <asp:Label ID="componenetLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="Component:" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlComponent" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Enabled="False" />
        <br />
        <asp:Label runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" Text="Email Address:" ID="emailLbl" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="email" ClientIDMode="Static" Width="300px" />
        <br />
        <asp:Label ID="subjectLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="Subject:" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="subject" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Width="300px"></asp:TextBox>
        <br />
        <asp:Label ID="detailsLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="Issue Details:" CssClass="reportBugLabel" />
        <br />
        <asp:TextBox ID="details" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="10" Width="500px" />
        <br />
        <asp:Label ID="errorLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="" />
        <br />
        <asp:Button ID="SendMail" runat="server" OnClick="SendMail_Click" Text="Send" CssClass="reportBug-button" />  
        <asp:Label ID="sentLbl" ClientIDMode="Static" runat="server" Text="" />
    </div>
</div>

The content of ddlLesson is dynamically generated based on the selection of ddlCourse, and the content of ddlComponent is dynamically generated based on the selection of ddlLesson. The OnSelectedIndexChanged calls handle the dynamic generation, and those are ASP.NET/C# functions.

I'm now trying to make this a custom control, and when I drop it in to a Sitefinity page it ceases working. I'm thinking that there's a special way I need to wire things now, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that.

The plan is to use a custom master page to put this on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Never mind... figured it out. Needed to add EnablePageState directives to the master page.

Thanks,
Chris

This thread is closed