Issues With Language Selector

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:12

Issues With Language Selector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Team,
          I have the some issues with language selector.am using sitefinity 4.4.am add language selector widjet to my application and add two languages from admin side one English and another Spanish.Set English language as default.
          After this settings,on 'Pages' page i have 2 options under transilation menu one for English and another for Spanish.In this English is active and Spanish is not active.When i select the Spanish,ask me to create new page.Am do the same and select 'copy content from other language' option.Now on that page under transilation menu  both English and Spanish options are active.Then when i select view page in Spanish language,content of that page is still in English language and also some content is missing.Give me some good solutions for resolve my issues.

I have one more doubt,in my application it contains more than 300 page which is in English language.Do i needs to  create seperate pages for Spanish lanuguage.

Regards
   Pretty

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Pretty,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

As far as I understand, you created two pages - one in English and one in Spanish with a language selector. Both pages are synced. Normally such pages display content only in their own language. However, if you, for example, have a content block in the first page and the content in it is in English, then the Spanish page would also display the English content, simply because the content block exists on both pages and doesn't have different translations. Could this be what's happening with your pages?
 As for the missing content, please verify that the content items you're referring to have translations in both English and Spanish. Otherwise, if you have, for example, news items in English, but none of them has a Spanish translation, the default behavior would be to see the news widget only on the English page. Is it possible that this is why you think your content is missing? Below you will find attached a video, where I've created two translations of a page and synchronized them. Please verify that you made the same configurations when you created your pages. Also, I would like to ask you to send us a video, which describes the issue you''ve encountered, so that we would be able to reproduce it.

Looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed