Installing the SDK on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:55

Installing the SDK on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Super silly question I know... but thought it might be worth some light discussion.

I tried to install the Sitefinity SDK on Windows 8 Consumer Preview, and the install halted saying that ".Net 2.0 Framework was not available so the SDK install could not continue"

So the question: What part of the SDK needs .Net 2.0 to function? The installer? The SDK Browser? I would think the Sitefinity code itself would run on .Net 4.0 since that is what is required for the current version of the CMS.

Follow up question: If the code within the SDK itself runs on .Net 4.0, can I just copy the code folder from my Win 7 workstation over to my Win 8 test machine? I'm not expecting any certified stability on Win 8 since Windows is obviously beta, just wanted to know if there was a possible work around so that I can play with Sitefinity with the new Visual Studio Beta.

(Huge disclaimer: With multiple beta products running together, I expect issues, so it is no problem for anyone but me. I'm just wanting to play and wondering if anyone had any thoughts, similar experiences, or workarounds.)

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for the interest in the Sitefinity SDK in cooperation wth the new Windows 8.

You are right that by default .NET Frameowrk 2.0  is not installed on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Here are the steps to install it:

Go to Control Panel – Programs – Turn Windows features on or off – Check ‘Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1′ – OK. Please note that .NET 2.0 is included into version 3.5.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva 
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Aha! That was the solution. Works perfectly now. I had forgotten that 3.5 included 2.0 support.

This thread is closed