Forms Module Notification Help?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:03

Forms Module Notification Help?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

Total n00b back with a question for anyone who can assist me in getting my 4.4 sitefinity installation working with the Forms Module Notification found here: www.sitefinity.com/.../forms-module-notification.aspx and/or here: gsaadeh.com/.../Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx

I followed the directions given in the help file and listed on www.sitefinity.com/.../forms-module-notification.aspx

but 1) it doesn't tell me exactly where to put each file
2) I must have done something wrong because even after following those instructions it the forms widget does not look any different at all.

3) I am not sure what the files are at gsaadeh.com/.../Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx and what their purpose is, or where to put them.

Can someone shed some light on this for someone who is new to this stuff?  I'd love to get thsi up and running for my client.  Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

1)The unzipped files should go into their own folder or in the project (the same folder where sitefinity files are located). This is an example of where you should unzip the folder. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sitefinity_4.4\Projects\ManufacturerProject\*YOUR FOLDER NAME"

2) Did you add the reference to the project and then build the project? After that did you add the forms widget into the toolbox?

3) I am not sure what that file is. I did not see this file located in the zip file. Where did you get this file from?

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

Greetings,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2012 00:00

thanks for the reply Grace.
1) ok.  I guess I got thrown off from doing that since the FormsNotification directory in the zip file has sub directories that are contained in the project folder (example: bin, Properties, resources)

2) I'm not sure I follow you here.  Are you referring to the project manager?  This project/site is already live, do I have to axe it and rebuild it to get this to work?

3) I got that from his site because the files contained in marketplace edition are only tested for sitefinity 4.2.  his website says that to get a compatible version working with 4.4 you have to download the files at gsaadeh.com/.../Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx  but again, they are totally different from the marketplace edition so i'm lost as to what to do with them.  If I don't NEED to use anything else, and the marketplace edition will work with 4.4, awesome.  Just wasn't sure.

-Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

I apologize for any confusion. Let me elaborate.

1) I have included a short video that demonstrates where to install the forms module in Visual Studio.

2) Once you have added the forms module into Visual Studio, you will need to build the Sitefinity project in Visual Studio. Right click on SitefinityWebapp >> Build . You do not need to delete your current live site.

3) I would recommend installing the corresponding version of the forms module with corresponding version of Sitefinity you have installed. This version will include all the current DLL's for that version. For example, if you have Sitefinity 4.4 installed, I would install the 4.4 version of the forms module. Here is the link to the partner's website again.

Please let us know if you have anymore troubles installing the forms module.

Greetings,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Is there any way to get it installed and working without Visual Studio?  I can't just drag and drop those files into the project somewhere and make reference to them in the backend settings of the sitefinity administration GUI?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

You do need Visual Studio in order to install the module. The solution needs to build the project files in order to run the module.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions..

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

I am working with Robert on this project. I followed the steps shown in the videos and attempted to build the project. However, I am getting multiple error messages along with warnings next to several of the references within the project. I did download the v 4.4 files from the developer (FormsNotification.dll and FormsNotification.pdb) and pasted them into the source code package for FormsNotification to overwrite those existing files. I then followed the steps to add the referneces and build the project.

I am attaching screenshots (of both Visual Studio errors and in Sitefinity), but if you need any additional information please let me know. We are using Visual Studio 2005, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but from some reasearch I have done I saw that in many cases these errors were caused by the Target Framework not being set to .NET Framework 4. I believe VS 2005 does not support .NET Framework 4 and does not allowe you to change the Target Framework, is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And agian let me know if you need additional information.
-Nic

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello, Robert and Nic.

Thank you for providing the additional details.

Sitefinity 4.x/5.x require .NET Framework 4.0 as well as Visual Studio 2010. Click here for a complete requirements list.

Once you have those, you can just drop the two files (FormsNotification.dll and FormsNotification.pdb) that you downloaded into the 'bin' directory of your SitefinityWebApp project. There doesn't seem to be a source project for the 4.4 version.

Then follow the instructions on the Forms Module Notification product page.

Since there is no project for the 4.4 version of the add-on, you can skip steps 1 & 2. This is a replacement for the default Forms module so you won't see any difference until you enter the designer where you will see addition properties for the notification.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Randy,

Thanks so much for your response. I did end up downloading the Visual Studio 2010 trial and did what you mentioned and it did work for us. So glad that was what we needed to do!

Thanks again!
Nic

This thread is closed