Can't upload pdfs?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:47

Can't upload pdfs?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2012 00:00

I am using sitefinity 4.4 and have no problem uploading txt files, images, and doc/docx files.  But when I try ti upload pdfs it freaks out.  Rather, it sits and sits and sits and eventually gives me an error:

HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer

Arguments: NotFound

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See go.microsoft.com/.../

When you go to that URL, the microsoft site says The definition of the resource ID could not be found.

I've tried big pdfs small pdfs, changing the extention of the pdf to .txt, converting the pdf to an rtf file, using different browsers, nothing works.  it won't let me upload pdfs or docs that contain the content from those pdfs.

Help?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

If you are running the site on IIS, you can check the following article and make all necessary changes to the webconfig:

www.telerik.com/.../upload-uploading-large-files.html

Also can you try to replicate the issue using Visual Studio and tell us whether you experience the same error.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed