Social media on single events and posts.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:50

Social media on single events and posts.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2012 00:00

Events- How to enable social media buttons on single events?
Blog Posts- How to enable social media buttons on single posts?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Ivan -

When you drop a control on your page (like Events), go into the Edit mode on the control where you set list and single item settings. Click on the Single Item settings and you will see an option to "Enable Social Sharing Buttons" which should add that for each single item. Repeat for blogs and that should do it! See attached image.

Good luck,
Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks Greg! One more question. What if I want some single events with and some other without social media?

Hi Ivan -

Not sure about that. Might need to wait for a developer or Telerik to assist with that one.

Greg

Hey guys.  Maybe I need to install a module or something but I do not have that option under the Single Item Settings.  I am using 4.1.1339.0  See the attached image.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I also am wondering how I can drop a google/bing map on the individual events page but I can open up another thread if you guys are unsure.

Thanks!
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

@Ivan, if you want both events with, and  events without social links enabled, you can use multiple events widgets and decide which events should be displayed in each of those widgets, using our filtering options (take a look at the attached image for further reference).
@Chris, Sitefinity 4.1 doesn't offer this functionality. You need to upgrade to Sitefinity 4.4 to use the social sharing option.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

@Jen thank you for that, we have been looking at upgrading.  Might just make the leap to 5 now that it has been released!

This thread is closed