Module Import (Classifications)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:52

Module Import (Classifications)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

I have a module that I built in 4.4 that uses a custom classification 'industries'. When trying to import it in a 5.0 project it fails. I tried recreating the classification before importing it and it still didn't work. I understand there are lots of variables to be considered when importing a module and it may not work all the time. Do you have any suggestions to get past this?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for contacting us. 

The bug you are describing is in our known issues for Sitefinity 5.0 release. The problem is that when you create a new taxonomy it has a unique GUID identifier and if you try to create the same taxonomy in another project even it has the same name and properties still it has got a different GUID. And there is no easy way to match those GUIDs when exporting and importing modules. What I am suggesting is before exporting the module edit the fields, delete the custom classification field and then save. After that export the module and import it where you need it. Then edit the fields again and add your custom classification field. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards, Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2016 00:00

i realize this is an old thread, but I happen to be working on a 6.3 site and dealing with this issue. Was there ever a resolution for exporting a module for use in another site that uses custom taxonomy types?

is the only solution to manually recreate the manual on the new site after setting up the taxonomy? of course the taxonomy will be different, but as long as my custom code isn't referencing them by that ID I should be ok...

but is there a better way to do this for 6.3?

while I'm at it, what's the story for this in the latest 9.2?

thanks!

This thread is closed