"FrontpageRPCException: Could not retrieve the server e

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:38

"FrontpageRPCException: Could not retrieve the server extension version" when creating a NEW 5.0 project on Windows Server 2008 R2?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2012 00:00

I have installed SF 5.0 on a Win2008R2 server with IIS installed. I have other 4.3 and 4.4 sites set up and running fine on this server, however when I try to create a new SF 5.0 site using the Project Wizard and "http://" path location I get the error "FrontpageRPCException: Could not retrieve the server extension version." (See screenshots)

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Craig,

This is probably a problem with the remote server not supporting FrontPageExtensions. Can you try creating the project locally and then deploy it on your server, rather than creating it directly on the server? This is usually the recommended process - create/develop/implement the project locally and then deploy it on the server, rather than directly creating it on the production server.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2012 00:00

For future readers stumbling upon this post: I had this error creating a new 5.2 project. This is what solved it for me:

1. Close the Project Manager.
  2. I had a commented out project in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.2\Projects.xml and removed it.
  3. Start the Project Manager and try again.

This thread is closed