Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:09

Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

Just created a new Sitefinity 5 project on my local development machine running SQL Express and IIS Express.

I am getting the following error, and I can't seem to determine how to solve it. Any ideas? I am stuck.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.] Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Connection.get_LocalIP() +0 Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Request.GetLocalAddress() +68 Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Request.GetServerName() +52 System.Web.HttpRequest.BuildUrl(Func`1 pathAccessor) +105 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Url() +74 Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.OnAuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs args) +449 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17379           

I have de same problem. I´m running on XP
Supported Operating Systems for Windows Identity Foundation : Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2

¿is possible Run SF5 on xp and 2003 System?

In fairness, I should disclose that Sitefinity runs like a champ on my Window 7 developer station. The error I saw happened on my Win 8 beta test station. (Doing my duty of testing all my software on it) I didn't know if that error was Win 8 specific or something I forgot during initial Sitefinity configuration.

Hi Dan,

Windows 8 Beta is still not supported, so there might be some issues running Sitefinity on it. However I want to note to try to setup and run Sitefinity on IIS 7.5 ( not express ) to check whether you experience the same problem.

@Jose Antonio: You might have troubles running Sitefinity on IIS when using Windows XP as it supports only IIS 5 whether you need IIS6+. Also you may want to check our system requirements page:

www.sitefinity.com/.../system-requirements.aspx 

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the tip - it is worth trying. I was using Cassini and then moved to IIS Express. So I'll switch to IIS 7.5 and report back.

I totally understand about Win 8 Beta not being supported - I don't fault you guys at all. It has barely been available.

I posted about an error I found when I upgraded a 4.4 site that was running on IIS6. You may find it helpful if you do run it on a system with IIS6.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/bugs-issues/sf-5-0-iis6-issues.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the information with the community. I am sure that it will be helpful for people in your situation.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

This KB article solved it. Had to copy a dll to the right folder on my computer, restart VS and all is well. Thanks!
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-5-x/getting-type-is-not-resolved-for-member-microsoft-identitymodel-claims-claimsprincipal-exception.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

@Dan
Thank's for the link. Did run into the exact same problem.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

This is the answer. Thanks, Dan!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

FYI for others searching this later.  If you are using Visual Studio 2012, then you need to copy the DLL here instead:

32bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\11.0

64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\11.0

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Thanks Dan! That's the answer.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2012 00:00

I ran into this issue when I upgraded to Visual Studio 2012.  In fact I had the Microsoft.IdentityModel.dll in my bin folder and my Sitefinity 5.0.2800 site still did not work.  This went on for about a day before I discovered the solution.

SOLUTION FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2012 USERS
When you install Visual Studio 2012 you get .NET 4.5.  But you also need to install the Windows Identity Foundation framework which is separate.

The way I fixed this issue was to open Web Platform Installer 4.0 and search for "Windows Identity Foundation".  Installed this component and restarted my machine and my Sitefinity web site works with no issues.  Enjoy!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Is there an alternative solution available?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi John,

Unfortunately the suggestions outlined in the article are the ones that currently fix the issue discussed in the article, therefore I would suggest to try one of the suggestions ( based on your case ) and let us know if the information provided here is helpful to you.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2013 00:00

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2013 00:00

Thanks Dan. That was a really good suggestion. 

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi

I am using sitefinity 6.2.4910.0 version and but still not able to debug the code.
I am getting following issue.
Development environment:
OS - window 7
Development tool - visual studio 2012 with pure mvc
Please help me asap.

Server Error in '/' Application.Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[SerializationException: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal,Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.]
Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Connection.get_LocalIP() +0
Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Request.GetLocalAddress() +68
Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebHost.Request.GetServerName() +52
System.Web.HttpRequest.BuildUrl(Func`1 pathAccessor) +105
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Url() +74
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.<>c__DisplayClass9.<SkipAuthentication>b__8(String aip) +46
System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +146
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.SkipAuthentication(HttpRequest request) +141
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.OnAuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs args) +335
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Arun,

It seems that Microsoft Identity Foundation is not installed on your workstation. Please check the KB article provided from Dan Sorensen. I would advice to check and Craig's solution.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2014 00:00

I had the same issue -  Downloading and installing Windows Identity Foundation from the below link resolved the issue - www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

This thread is closed