The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on th

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:00

The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

I installed sitefinity 5 in Windows XP.

When I install Sitefinity everything is ok. So I log on with user and password , after that a form for adding users is shown, I fill the fields and I try to add the user, and It just stops. I mean nothing happend, it seems it is working.

And when I try to log on with the supposly user I have added, the message :
"The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform" appears.

" System.Security.Cryptography.CapiNative.AcquireCsp(String keyContainer, String providerName, ProviderType providerType, CryptAcquireContextFlags flags, Boolean throwPlatformException) +135
System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +55..."

Can someboy tell me what is going on, please?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Carlos,

Unfortunately the SHA256 algorithm that we use for encrypting is not supported in Windows XP. Here's an article on this:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/csharplanguage/thread/04328b17-aeea-439a-9574-e6e0a7ce8040 
Actually we do not officially support Windows XP, so such errors are completely possible if you are running under XP.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Where does one go to get a previous version?  In the admin area for product downloads, only 5.0 is listed.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

@ Nick, you can download Sitefinity 4.4 version form the all products versions page form your Sitefinity account here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../product-versions.aspx

@Don Thank you very much for suggesting this, I have already communicated it with our documentation team and we'll be reflecting the proposed changes soon.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2012 00:00

I works :))
Go to the registry and find "Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider (Prototype)". Export this key, remove "(Prototype)" and install (merge) the new reg file. 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider]
"Image Path"="rsaenh.dll"
"Type"=dword:00000018
"SigInFile"=dword:00000000

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

Thanks for your help

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2012 00:00

Yes, registry edit works great.  Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

I have already the same registry keys in my XP, but still it's not working.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

hi.. how can we resolve this probllem to work on windows xp environment

This thread is closed