Adding Custom Index Provider for Sitefinity Search

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:55

Adding Custom Index Provider for Sitefinity Search

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

I've watched the following webinar to add new custom search index: "http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/blog/09-06-25/Working_with_Sitefinity_Search.aspx"

Now i'm trying to add a new custom index provider, but i can't add a reference for the following namespace "Telerik.Framework.Search", i can't find "Telerik.Framework.dll" in the sitefinity bin folder.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for using our services. Please note that the article relates to Sitefinity 3.x versions, in Sitefinity 4.x you'll can create a new search provider by inheriting from Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Data.SearchProvider and register it under Administration>Settings->Advanced->Search->Providers

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2013 00:00

What resources/examples are available for adding custom index providers for search in Sitefinity 5.4? Specifically, I am looking to build distinct search indexes for each news/event provider defined (as in 3.6) and for the pages of the individual sites within a multi-site implementation.

This thread is closed