still getting trial version message?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:06

still getting trial version message?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2012 00:00

I activated the license for one of my clients standard sitefinity 4.4 sites but we still see the "you're running a trial version" message once in a while when browseing the site.  how can we get rid of that?

I went to administration, version & licensing, and it lists the right standard edition license.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

Sitefinity will be throwing the trial message if the system is not licensed or licensed properly.

A possible reason for the warning is if you have changed the host header thus making some routing and our code cannot validate the key. Verify if any internal routing is applied or some firewall/IP restrictions are messing up with the licensing service.

Please note that you need to register a domain in our system for your license, so that the system knows whether the domain that is being used is licensed properly.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

We are still getting the Trail Version warning even after setting up the proper domain in IIS.  The site is not live yet, so we have placed entries in our Hosts file to point the our browsers at the correct IP address using the registered and licenced Domain.  

Would the fact that we have entries in our Hosts files affect how Sitefinity responds to the licensing?

This thread is closed