5.0 Login Widget (DestinationPage?)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:58

5.0 Login Widget (DestinationPage?)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2012 00:00

I don't see a destination page for the new login widget, am I suppose to use this differently than the previous widget?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

I tried putting in a redirect_uri within the service url, or even just trying to type it in to the browser before logging in. Neither option seems to work, any help?
e.g. ?redirect_uri=%2fsitefinity%2fdefault.aspx%3f&deflate=true

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Kristian,

We have replied to you in the support ticket you have opened.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

Can you please share the solution please? I'm also interesting.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Victor,

me too. - I think many developers are interested in these details.

Regards, Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,

Kristian can share the details about the support ticket with the community.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Kristian,

Can you please share the telerik solution for destination url with sitefinity 5.0?

Thanks in advance

Haven't had time to try this yet, I'd imagine a redirect is all thats needed... in any case I was looking for two things, a quick way to create a redirect and second a complete solution for logging into the website by passing a token etc (which should come soon)... see this post http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/suggestions/claims-based-login-for-resftul-api.aspx

• Telerik Admin

Posted on 1 day ago

Hi Kristian,

The widget templates for the controls can be found in our SDK and inherit the proper control and then create your custom logic:

LoginWidget  - claims

or

LoginControl - forms

The following blogpost can be useful to you:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how_to_add_additional_logic_into_sitefinity_built_in_widgets.aspx

Kind regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  • Kristian

Posted on on Mar 16, 2012

Well I hope to see that functionality soon, for now can I create my own custom widget to handle this behavior using claims based authentication, do you have an example?
  • Telerik Admin

Posted on on Mar 16, 2012

Hi Kristian,

The difference is that the backend login form is hosted by the token issuer and you are submitting credentials in order to receive a token and the redirect_uri is telling the issuer where to send this token. However the widget is getting a token from the issuer using ajax, and does not care about the redirect - after the token was received it is submitted to the current page.

Unfortunately there is no option at the moment to change the redirec_uri behaviour. Still we are considering the addition of such functionality for one of our upcoming releases. I am sorry about the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  • Kristian

Posted on on Mar 15, 2012

I see the difference, but I want to use claims authentication and the new login widget. what I don't understand is why in the backend this is possible

localhost:60876/Sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT?realm=http%3a%2f%2flocalhost%2f&redirect_uri=%2fsitefinity%2f&deflate=true

and then you get redirected to the dashboard because your redirect_uri tells you to, that makes sense.

Well how come I can't do that with your login widget, the service url is there?!

This thread is closed