Set up sitefinity 3.7 sp3 in Window Server 8 & IIS7

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:04

Set up sitefinity 3.7 sp3 in Window Server 8 & IIS7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
I was about migrating CMS 3.7 SP3 to the latest. First, I copied the application from old server (2003 & II6) to the new server (Window 8 & IIS7.5), and set up an IIS. after done setting IIS, I ran the test. The apps is running fine but images and CSS files were not rendering.

I checked the system:
                        Statisfile is enable
                        ActiveX script is enable
                        MIMES type: .js, .css, .html

I am not so sure what do I miss setting the IIS and system?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Nelson,

Migration to our latest version - Sitefinity 5 is supported only for Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 running on .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0. I see that you are using SP3, so firstly you may need to upgrade it to SP4, and then continue with the migration to 5.0.

The upgrade patch should be located in your account downloads directory ( check the attached screenshot ). Then you can follow the instructions provided on our website:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrade-instructions.aspx

After you apply the patch you can follow the guidance in the bellow blog post:

www.sitefinity.com/.../migrating_sitefinity_3_to_4_deep_dive_preparation.aspx

If you are missing images or styles, please ensure that wildcard mappings are set for your site. You can check the following article from our documentation regarding IIS:

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects.aspx

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Thank you Victor,
fyi: I made more changes in the IIS and it workd now.

I was a bit confuse, based on this ticket
http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=509101
I downloaded 3.7 SP4 Standard edition for .NET 3.5 and did migration (not Standard Edition Hotfix). I succesfully migrated but when I checked the version. It's still showing old version 3.7.2096.2:0. So, I could not migrate to the next version 4.4.

Do you know why? Did I miss any steps? or I was using a wrong version of migrating (should be Standard Edition Hotfix for .NET 3.5 or 4.0).

Please help!!

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Glad to hear it is working now.

According to the following article, 2096 is still the SP3 version of Sitefinity:

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-check-your-current-sitefinity-version.aspx

However If you have successfully downloaded the 3.7 SP4 patch for .NET 3.5 and upgraded your site to SP4, you should be able to migrate it to 4.4 or 5.0. The upgrade instructions for 3.7 SP4 can be found in my previous reply.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Victor,
After upgrading to 5.0 from 4.4, most of the content were brought over. Everything are looking good from browser, not localhost. But, there are a few hiccups:

First, the site cannot display/open uploaded images and documents -pdf. (pls see Embedded imaged and documents attached). I am not so sure why It has included project name, cmsdtramil7m, in its embeded. (fyi the URL is also name cmsdtramil7m).

Second, I was trying to create a new images and documents folders for uploading. Then when I click to upload image/document I got errors (pls see Upload images to library and Upload document to library attached files)

Last, I got an error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: PageDataNode" when I was trying to view Users from Administration. After I got this error, I was no longer able to run the frontend and Sitefinity backend pages from browser. (pls see review users attached)

How to fix them?

Please help,
Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,
I forgot to mention at the first issue, all images were broken when brought over.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hey Victor,
Just let you know I fixed the issue 2 & 3. I am still having problem the first issue. Additionally, when I uploaded new images to library. all of them were corrupted.

How? please help.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Nelson,

Can you make sure that you do not have images in a folder called Images / images, as it is reserved for Sitefinity.

I also want to note that you need to ensure that the site ( Sitefinity 4x/5x ) can serve images and other files as well before running the migration tool. Verify that the wildcard handler mapping method is enabled in order for the images to function properly.

Could you please check the following tutorials on how to set up Sitefinity on IIS and especially to Wildcard Mapping:

How to setup Sitefinity on IIS 6:
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-02-23/installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_6.aspx

How to setup Sitefinity on IIS 7:
www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7.aspx

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed