document and files - can't preview images

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:31

document and files - can't preview images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
I have made filesystem as default and all setting of filesystem remains the same. I created a library called "MSC images" and uploaded one image. Now how can I preview this image?
When I got to Edit propertise of images, I see a button called "open the file". If I click on it, the url takes me to http://domainname/docs/msc-images/koala.jpg?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=4 and get 404 error.
Looking at the link, I see a folder called docs which I don't have. If I browse to the folder, I see a file named "d44059b0-e779-4d9b-8f48-535017cb404f" created in App_Data\Storage\FileSystem\

How can I preview images?

regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Rabindra,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

You can't find a docs folder in your project, because docs is actually a root url (part of the url, not a physycal folder). However, the default root url for image libraries is images. You can verify this by going to Administration -> Settings -> Libraries -> Images (take a look at the attached screenshot for further reference). Have you made modifications to the Root url property? Usually, you are able to change its name and then the urls of your images will be generated with the custom root url in them. Is it possible that you have published the image and then changed the value of this property? In this case the url of the image would have been generated already with the old value of the root url, but the images would be located under the new root url, so when the old url is requested you would get a 404 Not found error, simply because images aren't there anymore. However, every time you publish an item the  manager.RecompileItemUrls() method  is called and the url for the item is generated again. This means that even if somehow your url is constructed improperly, if you publish the image again, the correct, updated url should be constructed. Please try that and let us know if the issue persists.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Daer Rabindra
Are you using a Small Business Edtion?
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
No, I haven't changed anything. This is a clean install on my Windows 7 machine.
All I did was created a filesystem library and uploaded a picture.

@Markus: I am using Professional edition.

regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Rabindra,

Did you try the proposed solution - to republish the item? Also, does this happen with this image only or with all images and is it repoducible on other projects?

Kind Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed