Issues with page template...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:32

Issues with page template...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi All
      Am using sitefinity4.4.in my application. am creating a page template based on my main master page and add a navigation control to it .Then set the navigation control property for show all top level pages in navigation menu.This changes are affected  to all child pages which all are created by using the same page template.
               Then am changing the navigation control property for  show pages under a particular page in navigation menu.After make this change,it is not affected to all the child pages which all are created using the same template.Then on 'Pages' page,am selecting a page and publish it again,then only the changes are affected to it.
        My question is that is there any needs to publish all child pages after make any changes to its parent template.
if not then why it is not working for me..
If so how is it possible if there in more than 200 child pages under a template.
Can any one give me a reply....

Regards.
Sanoop.s

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Sanoop,

I tried to reproduce the problem with Sitefinity 5.0, but wasn't able to. As you see in the video, all changes, made to the template after it has been set to the page, are applied to the page without the need of publishing. Let me know if these are the steps you performed.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed