NewLineBR in 5.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:14

NewLineBR in 5.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello,
I noticed that SF5 has NewLineBR set to true which is a bit annoying so I was going to change the HTMLField but found this in the SDK's template:

<%--NewLineBr="False" - removed because of bug 112126. The bug should be fixed in the next release of RadControls.--%>

What exactly is this bug and can I change it true for now and deal with the bug or is it going to cause me headaches with the next upgrade? I have a ton of content to enter and I don't want all these unnecessary br tags. Let me know.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

4 days later. I'd love a reply to this.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

Try Settings->Advanced->Appearance

"Rad Editor new line 'br' tags" (uncheck it)

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks Steve,
I'm more concerned about what the bug is and why they decided to switch to the br tags and what headaches, if any, it's going to cause me.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi guys,

The bug you're refering to is fixed for 5.0, so you shouldn't have any problems configuring the RadEditor, so that it inserts a <p> tag, instead of a <br/> tag. You can take a look at the PITS issue for further reference.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed