Registration widget doesnt offer possibility of choosing bet

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:11

Registration widget doesnt offer possibility of choosing between public and backend users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2012 00:00

According to this text:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/widgets/users-widgets-group/configuring-the-registration-widget 

the registration widget should allow us to choose the provider, however the mine doesnt show such option, and this is exactly my problem, I need to register users without access to backend but now it is turned on by default.

Please help, thank you.
Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reporting this. Actually, the Provider option is removed from the latest version of Sitefinity, so we will correct out documentation. Please excuse us for the inconvenience. Your Telerik points have been updated.

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,
thank you for your answer.

To solve my problem, can you please suggest what should I do in order to have users registered as non-backend users? Currently they are all backend users by default with grayed checkbox in administration, so I cant event change it manually. I guess I have to override some function, can you please guide me, which one?

Thank you,
Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi again,
so this is funny. I think I managed to set IsBackendUser manually via code, in my custom RegistrationForm like this:

protected override bool TryCreateUser(UserManager manager, out User user, out MembershipCreateStatus status)

user = manager.CreateUser((string)this.UserNameField.Value, (string)this.PasswordField.Value, (string)this.EmailField.Value, null, null, !this.SendRegistrationEmail, null, out status);
            user.IsBackendUser = false;
            manager.SaveChanges();
            return (status == MembershipCreateStatus.Success);

1. not sure if its right, though, but in DB field sf_Users.is_backend_user = 0
2. But, when I go to backend and view that user, the checkbox 'this user can access backend' is checked, and grayed
3. Additionally, when I try to login with two such users (with this manually removed backend flag) it works.
Btw. this is valid for Small business edition.

Please can you confirm whether you can reproduce it and if it's a bug?

Thank you,
Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Please anyone? I'd be glad to hear Telerik's opinion on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Robert,

I've tested the registration widget and it seems that users, who are registered through it can't access the backend by default. Have you made any modifications to the registration widget?

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed