Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adon

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:09

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2, Version=2010.3.1125.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
The website is running perfect on my client's server but I am trying to setup same website into my local environment. I have restored the database in MS SQL 2008 and I have restored all files as well. but when try to load the website then I get the below error

Please help

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_dacebcfbdc264437b14448e330e1520d.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2211
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +214
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..ctor() +52
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..cctor() +41

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.UpgradeFrom1109() +49
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.Upgrade(Int32 upgradeFrom) +82
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +386
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +271
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +111
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +29
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +575
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11686928
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4863749

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Asif,

You didn't happen to rebuild, did you? Can you verify that the file is in your bin?

Hello,
You should add the Dll to your reference folder from the bin of a project that you have made it befor (and verify the dll version)
Good luck  

Hi,
I have this specific dll in my bin folder but i figured out the version is different. I cannot access any htm file under this project as well. I seems to me a server issue not programming but how to solve it?
The version of my dll is 2010.2.1013.8
I am not sure why my application is trying to look 2010.3.1125.1.
 This error is really new to me :) Please help

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Asif,

The Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2 assembly is not being used in Sitefinity from 4.2 +. The file was used by earlier versions of Open Access, but it is not required anymore. Because of the new version of Open Access and the improved performace of the Sitefinity LINQ parser we managed to remove the ado.net dependancy and the ado.net dll is no longer needed.

However if you are using a version of Sitefinity that is lower than 4.2, please ensure that the dll version matches the one that is being distributed your particular Sitefinity version. If your application is looking for the 2010.3.1125.1 it seems that a control or module is referencing the old one. Please provide the newest version of the dll for your project and re-add the reference to it.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

This reference is still in Sitefinity projects created by the Sitefinity Project Manager 5.0.2800.0. I get the warning below in Visual Studio 2010 when I open the solution.

Warning    1    The referenced component 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2' could not be found.     

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2012 00:00

I get this same warning in VS " Warning    1    The referenced component 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2' could not be found. "

Any updates on how to fix?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2012 00:00

I believe that Victor was implying that, if you're using 4.2+, it's safe to just remove the reference :)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi all,

Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2 is not used in Sitefinity 5 (it was used before) assembly from Siteifnity 4.2 to Sitefinity 5.0, so to ignore the warning you can remove the assembly from the references list. The file is not required anymore, because it was used by earlier versions of Open Access.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed