Email obfuscation missing?!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:26

Email obfuscation missing?!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2012 00:00

Hey there, am i missing this basic function? If i want to display a mailto: link in html it is fairly common to obfuscate it somehow (either hex or some kind of java script).

However, i think if i insert a link to a content block, it is rendered as plain html text. Do i have to insert an obfuscation script by myself? This would be kind of disapointing...
Thanks.

Ah, i am using SF 4.4

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Martin,

We do not have such feature yet. Before we log it, could you please describe how you'd expect it to work? There are way too many ways of obfuscating, and in my experience, the usual ways of obfuscating - escaping or presenting hex equivalents are not that effective. Replacing even the @ sign with an image equivalents is more effective, thus this is easier to be achieved. 

What do you think?

On a side note, if you wish to implement this yourself, I'd suggest you the approach with the at (@) sign. The RadEditor exposes some hooks on which you can attach - on client paste, or on content area change (I do not the exact hooks by hear, but wanted to let you know on the approach).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2012 00:00

Hey Georgy,
thanks for the quick reply. I do not know yet whether i will implement a nice way for my customers to edit email links via the backend or wheter i will script a quick way for myself. I was just a bit disappointed that SF gives me the possibility to insert a link, select "email" and let me do things like attaching a css class to it and all what it does is rendering "simple" html. No matter which technical solution (js, image, hex or whatever) should be implemented, but i just had expected something.

Cheers - Martin

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Martin,

We're logging it as a feature request. I hope that we will have it in one of our future releases of Sitefinity.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed