After Upgrade (4.4 -> 5.0) : no downloadable goods option

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:45

After Upgrade (4.4 -> 5.0) : no downloadable goods options

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,
I've upgraded from 4.4.2117 to 5.0.2500.
I can see most of the 5.0 features except those in Administration->System:
1) resources where not changed and there is still "Files" and not "File structure".
2) no "User files" (Downloadable goods) option.

should i just copy them manually from the DB of a new project?

Thanks,
Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Lev,

Can you give us a bit more details on the steps you took to upgrade the project, because those resources should have been updated after the process has completed successfully.

Have you tried restarting the application after the upgrade? Also copying from the database directly is not suggested as it may corrupt your current setup.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

I made my project using Sitefinity Project Manager 4.4.2117.0 Standard Trial and now we have purchased the SBE 5 edition.

Please provide the steps how to migrate from 4.4 standard trial to SBE 5.

Is it safe to to have a side by side install of SBE 5 project manager? and just copy my 4.4 projects into it?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hello Robert,

You can upgrade your 4.4 trial project to 5.0 SBE, by following one of those methods:

1. Download the 5.0 Project Manager from your account downloads directory and run it. Then you can import your 4.4 project and upgrade it.

2. You can download the 5.0 Project Manager and create a new 5.0 project. Then you can copy the contents of the bin folder of the 5.0 project to your 4.4 project and replace all the files inside the bind folder. You will have to restart the project afterwards, so that the upgrade scripts are initiated. After the upgrade has finished you will be prompted for your 5.0 license.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

I resolved the original issue i've posted here by finding the missing values and entering them manually in the DB.

The resources were all there. But the upgrade process (which i tries several times) didn't merge the following to my project: 

1) page_node, page_data, object_data, control_properties and other dependent permission and mapping tables didn't have the required entries for the "User files" page. So i entered them manually using a new SF5.0 DB as reference.
2) ContentViewConfig was missing the two lines for UserFiles backend.
3) there was missing the "Downloadable Goods" library entry in libraries table and link table.

I don't know why the upgrade process didn't add those values - there probably is a bug in the upgrade routine.

Thanks anyway,
Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Lev,

Thank you for sharing the details with the community. We will make note of that, but if possible please provide some details about your project so we can carefully analyze your case.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed