Return Code 0, can't publish pages, Sitefinity 5 on Azur

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:50

Return Code 0, can't publish pages, Sitefinity 5 on Azure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

I am running Sitefinity 5 (5.0.2500.0) on Azure and Azure SQL.  Sitefinity will let me create a new page and add content to it but when I go to publish the page, I get a popup saying "Return Code: 0" in Chrome and Firefox, and "return code: 12152" in IE 8.  The page never saves as "published".

I also created a new blog and when I went to add a new blog post inside of that blog, I get the same "Return Code: 0" error and the blog post never goes to "published".  

Did I screw something up during the install on Azure that is causing this?  I followed these instructions: 

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/deployment/deploying-sitefinity-projects-to-windows-azure

After going through the forms at length looking for ways to address this problem, I received an email from Telerik reminding me of this.
"

Also, a blank Sitefinity 5.0 projects by default uses the new Claims Based Authentication and you need to make sure that Sitefinity is configured to use Forms based authentication prior to uploading to Azure.

"

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/switching-to-forms-authentication

After switching to Forms Auth, my problem went away!

Hello Corby,

I noticed you've submitted this thread several hours ago, and later followed up with additional information about managing to find a solution for the experienced issues.
I'd like to make sure that you're enjoying your Sitefinity experience, and there are no other pending issues so far. Please do not hesitate to let me know if any additional problems occur or you need some further information regarding the product. I'll be glad to assist you.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2012 00:00

I am getting Runtime error 12031 in IE 9 - and I can't publish ANYTHING to my site and some pages it won't even let me access in the back end...please advise.  Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

I don't know if I am coming late to this party, but since there was not good answer given, I will pile on...
 I just upgraded to 5.0 and deployed to Azure. Every time I try to publish a page I get "Returned code: 12031". It happens with old pages from the 4.4 deployment, which worked fine before, and it happens with brand new pages created after the upgrade.
 I must mention that I am also not able to upload images - the uploader gives me indication that everything went well, but no images ever get uploaded. I am not sure if both things are related.
... So I found this posting and realised that I have my permission set the way the default 5.0 does (Claims) - after I did what Corby did and switched to Forms Authentication, I appear to be working fine...
I would like to use this opportunity to *** at the Telerik team a bit - you guys are great and your products have saved me countless hours of development, BUT... here comes the but... your documentation sucks. One can always find the answer eventually, but never at the provided documentation, mostly by help from fellow sufferers...
The simple upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 has cost me a week of headaches and frustration while searching for simple answers to simple questions.

This thread is closed