Problem with claims and languages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:12

Problem with claims and languages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2012 00:00

hello I'm probably missing something but after long hours of research i don't know how to solve my problem

situation is as follows :

webpage supports n languages, each language has its own domain

site.com
site.de
site.pl

Multilanguage support work as expected without any problems
problem is with claims

i set site.com as issuer and added all other domains as relying parties
but still when i log in on one domain i'm logged off on another domain
when i try to log on second domain i have a message user is authenticated on another browser/computer

issuer works fine for all domains i can log to all domains without problems

all domains points to same website.

In all provided examples in sdk multilanguage support is not done with separate domain

And one additional question.
 Is it possible to connect sitefinity to existing issuer for example Thinktecture identityserver ?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can be logged in only in one of the domains at the same time since the authentication details are persisted in a cookie and cookies are per domain. This is currently the expected behavior. Please let us know if you think that the experience of any particular scenario can be improved is some way.

We have not tested with Thinktecture. Our single sign on is also based on Windows Identity Foundation and it is expected that they will be compatible. Note that Sitefinity is only taking the authentication from the STS and it will not care if any profile or authorization information is in the token.

Greetings,
Boyko Karadzhov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed