Upload .dll in Sitefinity 4.4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:08

Upload .dll in Sitefinity 4.4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

Hey I have a Constant Contact widget that has been built and I run in to an issue. I believe it is because of the dll for the project cant be referenced. So, how do I reference the dll for a custom widget with in Sitefinity 4.4?

Can you elaborate or show the error message (screenshot perhaps)?  Is it saying you have the wrong Telerik.Sitefinity.dll version or something?

Well it works on my local server but when I put it on the Sitefinity site that I have created it does not work. I have two dll files that I uploaded to the bin folder and the aspx.cs file doesnt seem to be referencing the dll's. The widget (aspx.cs file) has been referenced in the toolboxes, however, when I place the widget on the page it throws an error saying one of my namespaces doesnt exist. I believe this is do to the Constant Contact dll not being run first.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

If you have a user control that you add to your project, please make sure that the .dll is referenced in your References folder. Also do not forget to build your application and properly register the control in your toolbox configuration section of the website.

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/developers-guide/how-to/how-to-create-a-newsrotator-control/creating-the-newsrotator-as-a-custom-control/registering-and-using-the-control

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed